Friday, January 28, 2011

Busy but Beautiful Day

Busy Busy with Work

Alhamdulillah! Managed to get a perfect parking spot! Right in front of the shop where I wanted to buy my baking ingredients. Have to bake 6 chocolate cakes for Sunday. I do not really feel like doing them but I am grateful for rezeki from Allah. Do what we can and leave the rest to Allah.

Its usually very difficult to get parking in the city. Good to memorise some duaas that sooth the nerves and make us patient while driving round and round, trying to park. Strangely enough, I seem go find an empty parking space rather quickly when I remember to say my duaas.

Managed to get everything under one roof, Alhamdulillah! Drove home, deposited the many bags of goods into the house and prepared my dad's lunch by 11 am. I kept the food in several vacuum jugs to keep everything hot.

"Don't forget to eat your lunch" I reminded him before I left.

Min Fes Moroccan Spa, Gym and Cafe

On the way back from my errands I decided to stop over at my friend's shop in Mutiara Damansara. Pleasantly surprised to find her there and she mentioned that she was just trying to call me on the phone. Saw my poster of Harun Yahya Foundation and IIS 'Signs of the Creator 2' conference in Face Book. She wanted to go too .

Couscous and Harira Soup

I felt hungry suddenly and ordered a large tagine of couscous with beef and pumpkin. Tasty though I prefer lamb even more. Harira Soup was refreshing, invigorating and really hot - I like that.

Its not cheap to eat Moroccan food but its worth it - at least I know I am eating real fresh food thats not only a visual pleasure but definitely delicious! And lots of olive oil instead of cheap reused oil that is toxic.

The Moroccan tea was hot and sweet, but the hint of mint was subtle and satisfying.

Why are people willing to pay so much for fast food?

People are conditioned to pay so much more for fast food and yet do not complain. However they sometimes feel the pinch to pay for some real food though the prices are quite similar. Is fast food better? What's the attraction of eating boring mass produced food? Its not even balanced diet, usually lacking in fruits and vegetables. I do not like to eat from cardboard and foam boxes and plates. Sometimes even the food taste like cardboard!

At 4.30pm my son sent a message telling me not to bother about my dad's dinner! Dad had slept through his lunch and woke up at 4.30pm. By the time he went to the wash room, he had lunch at 5.oo p.m. Poor Dad!

Sweet Surprise

I reached home to find a large tall beautiful hamper waiting for me. Alhamdulillah! I have not even finished eating and sharing all the goodies from my Eid hamper of super health foods. Anyway, who's complaining.

Ferrero Roche and other goodies .... yum. Masha Allah, so very thoughtful and I do really appreciate that. I can't name names or heads will roll.... hee hee. Allah knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment