Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chinese New Year

Gong Xi Fa Cai - Kong Hee Fatt Choy - Wishing You Prosperity

All meaning the same. I had forgotten my blog again - been busy baking Filipino Moist Chocolate cakes the past few days. And managed to complete my Fondant Orange Buttercake for hantaran. Taking cake orders are beginning to stress me. I like people to bite into tasty soft and fresh cakes. Some of my customers want to collect them early and send the cakes a few days later, at their own convenience. When people consume the cake they may find it not as nice as the last time they had it. Little did they know that the cake was sitting quietly in some corner for a few days in transit before they were delivered.

Watch Out for Preservatives in our Home Baked Foods

Some cooks and bakers do resort to preservatives and stabilizers. Yes, do not think all home cooked food are healthy and nice. A supplier once told me even housewives buy preservatives for their goods. And some of them buy the cheapest kind, probably lowest quality. I shudder at that thought. Always trusted 'housewives' but now some of them have become hardened businesswomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment