Monday, January 24, 2011

Book Preview and Chinese Inspired long dresses

Chinese Inspired Long Dresses
Stylised for Easy Wearing

Alhamdulillah! My overworked (but well paid) tailor finally managed to hand over 6 new dresses last month. I managed to embellish only 2 of them. Actually they look rather nice without too much decoration.

My collection is meant to be enjoyed all the time, not just for some rare special occasion. Most people do not want to spend a lot just to wear an outfit twice a year. The cost may be a little high but the styles are carefully chosen and hopefully I prefer to produce clothes that are modest, comfortable and suitable for all occasions.

All we need to do is to mix and match the dress with a selection of scarves, accessories to create a new personalised style. We should be able to stretch our wardrobe creatively.

Book Preview

I will try to take some photos and post them. My book preview is scheduled for 12 Feb 2011. Its a private preview for a small selected group of friends and their friends. Actually this concept was mooted and planned by 2 good friends of mine. May Allah SWT bless and reward them for trying to introduce my book "The Beauty of Covering Up" .

Dawah and Motivation

With their encouragement and advice, I hope to do more private previews at homes of friends who would like to help others learn more about covering up. It is also a daawah project though we try to be subtle about it. The purpose of the book is to share and motivate others to cover up beautifully for the sake of Allah SWT.

I will bring some of my dresses for sale and also Q and A concerning Islam, hijab and reverts. Everywhere I go people want to know about reverts and Muslima attire.

Many are concerned but they do not realise they can help. Most of the funds I raised to help the sick and needy are actually given by fellow reverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment