Thursday, February 16, 2012

This is not a recipe blog

Yet I blog about cooking and sometimes simple recipes

Many people are so busy daily. I take my own situation as an example. After working or running around doing errands or attending to some other matters, I do not have much time to think about what to prepare for dinner.

I only cook for 2 people. Easy enough. Many sisters have to cook for their whole family, husband and wife, children, maybe kids, or even in laws. Just imagine, having to do marketing and wash, cut, cook and serve 5 to 8 people daily, 3 meals a day, 7 days a week! All year round!

Wow! What a lot of pahala or rewards from Allah SWT. But also what a lot of responsibilities and work! Its fine if we have some time for cooking but working women put in the same hours as the men but they have to come home to serve the family at the end of the day.

Some husbands do help by taking care of the children and maybe help by laying the table or washing the pots, pans and dishes. That is an ideal situation, a dream for some people. More often than not the man comes home tired and just sits in front of the television.

Insha Allah this does not happen in a practising Muslim home. I know many brothers who are knowledgeable and are kind and loving to their wives.

Anyway, I share my recipes in the hope it can ease the work of some sisters who want good food for their family without slaving too much in the kitchen. And without spending too much because we can eat well if we have an idea about planning our meals. Not in a rigid way but be adaptable and use up the leftovers in a creative way. Have fun when we cook.

Some people enjoy learning some new dishes for their family. Every home has its own specialities so it is good to share. We do not lose anything but insha Allah get some good and sincere duaa from our sisters who tell me they enjoy my recipes. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment